Which head gaskert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which head gaskert

l have just got back my barrels from the machine shop .1977 Gs 750 bored out to 844 cc ( 69mm bores ) and l am still confused on which head gasket to use.
    l ordered an original suzuki gs 850 head gasket which is the multi layered metal type.l noticed two things with the gasket that l am concerned about.

1.the timing chain tunnel hole in the gasket is a lot narrower than the original meaning it overlaps the area where the timing chain o-ring goes.Does this mean you DO NOT install the gasket without the timing chain o-ring?

2.The four corners of the head gasket where you have the holes in the gasket for the studs do not have o-rings like the original which is where the oil flows for the overhead valve train.do l just put the head gasket on without o-rings.

l noticed the cometic head gasket l got with the wiseco big bore kit also does not have o-rings on the four corner stud holes.

sorry about writing this thread again as l did not get a sufficient answer and now that l have everything back from the machine shop the last thing l want is an oil leak
    Last edited by Guest; 06-10-2011, 02:35 AM.

David,
    A few years back I had the same dilemma and the replies I got was that the later head gasket shape supersedes the earlier type.
    The cam chain tunnel o-ring is not used with the new MLS type nor the rings around the the oil journals. The outer surface of the gasket was covered with a layer of viton rubber which does he sealing.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

thankyou for your reply matchless thats what l thought

regards
      David

Comment

Working...
      X