GS1100 Clutch spring diameter ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100 Clutch spring diameter ??

I am going to shim my current basket springs while rapidray organizes an HD basket for me. I cant stand the rattling for another month! I was hoping somone who either had a disassembled clutch basket lying around, or has shimmed their springs in the past could share the dimension of said springs. once i disassemble the basket i wont be able to ride to the local fastener supply store so knowing beforehand what to purchase would be of great help.

-Zander

Originally posted by the_zander View Post
    I am going to shim my current basket springs while rapidray organizes an HD basket for me. I cant stand the rattling for another month! I was hoping somone who either had a disassembled clutch basket lying around, or has shimmed their springs in the past could share the dimension of said springs. once i disassemble the basket i wont be able to ride to the local fastener supply store so knowing beforehand what to purchase would be of great help.

-Zander
    I wasn't able to find any info for the diameter of those springs, but free length is 38.5mm or 1.52 inches.
    New OEM clutch springs are cheap at Boulevard Suzuki, there's two different ones available, one is $1.26 each and the other is $2.48,
    think the later is the one for your bike since I haven't seen it listed for the other years.
    Wholesale Pricing On OEM Parts For Suzuki, KTM, & Yamaha. Specializing in Suzuki & Yamaha Vintage Motorcycle Parts.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Steve, he is referring to the springs in the BACK of the basket. You won't be able to get any shims in there without disassembling the basket. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
        Steve, he is referring to the springs in the BACK of the basket. You won't be able to get any shims in there without disassembling the basket. Ray.
        You're right, he does state basket springs, and it doesn't show those in the fiche.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Working...
        X