Weak clutch lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weak clutch lever

After removing my cases to change the gaskets and installing a shortened cable my clutch lever now feels very weak. It feels like the only resistance is the spring on the cable itself. I looked into the oil fill spout and the spline is hooking up to the shaft inside. Is there anyone who has an idea about why this is happening?

Originally posted by afholderman View Post
    After removing my cases to change the gaskets and installing a shortened cable my clutch lever now feels very weak. It feels like the only resistance is the spring on the cable itself. I looked into the oil fill spout and the spline is hooking up to the shaft inside. Is there anyone who has an idea about why this is happening?
    So you removed the clutch cover case- the pivot lever shaft must have spun. Disconnect cable at clutch end. rotate pivot arm counter clockwise till you feel clutch resistance, relocate pivot arm on shaft to this spot, so cable starts pulling from here.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X