Clutch issue on 1982 GS550L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch issue on 1982 GS550L

Ok so I haven't completely put the clutch system together yet because Im waiting on my cable to come in. But I put in my old cable that broke and tried to pull in the clutch with pliers and it seems extremely hard to pull in. I actually cant pull it in at all. Some back ground info: I traded my z400 four wheeler for two 82 gs550s that did not run and I just got one to run last week. Meaning Iv yet to drive this thing. Basically my question is will I still have a problem with my clutch after my cable comes in or does the lever that you pull in with your hand really make a huge difference?

The clutch lever makes a huge difference. Guess why it's called a LEVER, because it gains leverage over the clutch when you pull it in. Pulling with pliers has no leverage or multiplication of effort advantage. When your new cable comes in you will be fine. Just make sure you adjust it properly. There are three adjustments in all.

Do you have a workshop manual for your bike? If not get one from here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/

fifth one down in the middle column.

Comment

Wow ok good thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Defore View Post
        Wow ok good thanks a lot.
        You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X