Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended place to purchase GS850 Clutch Springs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended place to purchase GS850 Clutch Springs??

I've been checking the site, and am still left wondering... Where would you recommend for a supplier for OEM clutch springs for a 1980 GS850. She's slipping a little over 5500 when I really load her. 21,000 miles... based on my reading here, it seems that the clutch should still be in servicable shape, but the springs may have lost some tension.

Also a supplier for some stainless socket head hex bolts for the cover? Hopefully the same supplier!

Thanks!

Hi,

Z1Enterprises.com has good hex bolt sets. I put one on my bike. You can also get a lot of OEM parts there if you call and talk to them. They don't list everything available on their website. Otherwise, feel free to do some shopping using the vendor list in your "mega-welcome".

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

BIKEBANDIT just installed mine and no more slippage. As far as hex bolts just go to any nice hardware store. Homedepot has nice ones. Just make sure they are tough and the right thread pitch.

Comment

Got springs from Z1, EBC? Can't remember the brand.
        They were very cheap.

Installation was very easy and straight forward.

I didn't have time or money to buy a gasket for the side plate.
        So I made my own out of gasket paper and RTV....it'll last me till I can purchase a new gasket.

Man this baby feels TIGHT now!
        It's like an entirely different machine on the highway.

I wish I would have done these springs earlier....

My clutch is WAY tighter, and shifts are much more direct and stern, as well.
        Last edited by Guest; 07-06-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Sweet! I'll be ordering those shortly!

Comment

Working...
          X