top end removale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top end removale

"I am trying to remove the top end from my bike, all bolts are out and this thing wont budge, i dont wanna break anything, any suggestions 1977 suzuki gs750" also pistons are moving so they are not stuck to it. Tried tapping it with wood, heated it up and pulled on it, no luck, am i doing something wrong

are you SURE all the bolts are out,are the camshafts out? are you on about the head or the block? remove the head first then the block. if its not been off for a while it will take a bit of "gentle" persuasion
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

the head is off and just looking at the top end and piston tops. I already broke a portion off of one fin and dont want the same to happen again. anywhere a should hitting or tunggin at to make it easier?

Comment

spray some wd40 or similar down the holes where the studs are in the block and leave for 12 hours at least then have another go
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Some suggestions in the 50-60 #'d posts of this thread:

Place your 4 cylinder GS engine, drivetrain or clutch related questions in this forum.

Comment

Yep, had the same problem. What finally worked was PB blaster (around the edges and down the rail holes) and a number of pry bars to work through the old gasket seal. Once you get a toe-hold, just keep working along the seam to break through. Use the small bar to pry at first and then use the others to keep the gap open while you work the line with the smaller tool.

It really sucked, but I got that bad-boy out of there.

Comment

Working...
            X