Ticking Noise comming from head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ticking Noise comming from head!

so guys i noticed while sitting in traffic the other day i heard some ticking noises comming from the head... i brought it home and let it idled.. sure enough theres a faint reapeating ticking noise ever 5 seconds... bike runs like a champ otherwise... my guess is the timing chain? is there a way to tighten the timing chain through that thing near the carbs? its not clutch rattle or anything, its a ticking noise that comes from the head area..could it be it needs a valve adjustment?
    Last edited by GabrielGoes; 07-10-2011, 04:00 PM.
    John 3:16

Originally posted by GabrielGoes View Post
    so guys i noticed while sitting in traffic the other day i heard some ticking noises coming from the head... i brought it home and let it idled.. sure enough theres a faint reapeating ticking noise ever 5 seconds... bike runs like a champ otherwise... my guess is the timing chain? is there a way to tighten the timing chain through that thing near the carbs? its not clutch rattle or anything, its a ticking noise that comes from the head area..could it be it needs a valve adjustment?
    Could be number of things.. Yes valve adjustment ....If the valves have not been adjusted in some time do them and look around inside to see what you see... Feel the cam chain tensioner and see if you can "feel" the ticking there ... Pull the oil filter see if there is "black hard chunks" in it ...That would say the cam chain blades are going ....

Sorry on the troubles

David

Hazardous Toys inc

Comment

Once every few seconds at idle, about how often the cam chain goes around?
      Listen carefully, does it go "Click, click.......................click, click.........................click, click? Like a double click every few seconds?
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        Once every few seconds at idle, about how often the cam chain goes around?
        Listen carefully, does it go "Click, click.......................click, click.........................click, click? Like a double click every few seconds?

lol it does exactly that... its like a off beat staggered kind of click just like how u described... funny thing is i didnt hear it today but i didnt put my head near it to listen carefully..
        Last edited by GabrielGoes; 07-11-2011, 12:54 AM.
        John 3:16

Comment

Working...
        X