No announcement yet.

Front Sprocket Spacers, GS1100EZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the way that it is supposed to look with the factory dampened sprocket.
    I took a couple of pic's of my '83 1100E engine for you:

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
      Thank you Cowboy! Why did I not look in transmission?

So anyways, according to the parts fische, the washer goes in first then the spacer. I will try that out first.

By the way, my engine is from a 1982 GS1100EZ, not a 1983 GS1100ED . It's basically the same thing but you know....

Its fiche damn it! Stop calling it the german word for fish.
      I have nothing useful to provide merely vicious criticism.

Comment

So that's the factory set up... I see now.

At this point, I would like to stick with the 630 set up since the rear sprocket is still good and the chain will last for a few more hundred miles (if I get this thing running).

Oh yeah, here's my sprocket nut. Got chopped in half!

Comment

Originally posted by Flaming Chainsaws View Post
          Yes please! Pictures would help me a lot.

Thanks!
          Here's the picture I promissed!
          By the amount of goo(?) I'm almost certain this is the original setup on my GS 1100 S Katana I'm currently restoring.
          sigpicJohn Kat
          My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
          GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

I dismantled the front sprocket today and confirm the retaining nut is countersunk on my GS 1100 Katana.
            sigpicJohn Kat
            My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
            GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the Katana GS1100SZ engine is exactly the same as my GS1100EZ engine.

So.... My sprocket nut really should be much bigger and countersunk. Thanks for the pictures!

Comment

That doesn't look like a stock sprocket, but regardless, the steel of the sprocket should be against the spacer (#46), and then whatever you have in the way of washers and lock washers goes in between the sprocket and the nut - which btw looks a little strange to me.
                530 and 630 sprockets are the same width.
                -1980 GS1100 LT
                -1975 Honda cb750K
                -1972 Honda cl175
                - Currently presiding over a 1970 T500

Comment

Working...
                X