77Gs 750 clutch cable replacement help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77Gs 750 clutch cable replacement help

Hello all, I am new to this site, I replaced my clutch cable because the old cable was starting to snap, but ever since i replaced the cable i cannot get the clutch to disengage, i followed the manual and still know luck,in the manual it says to turn the screw with the adjuster nut on it till you feel resistance, then tighten the adjuster nut, i have done this and still when i pull in the clutch the bike will not move in gear, so then i tighten the screw and adjuster nut all the way in and the bike would move in gear without the clutch cable, so then i started loosening the screw quarter turns at a time until the bike wouldn't move in gear and still could not get the clutch to disengage with the cable held in, So if any one has done this before do you have any tips on what i could try, or if im doing something wrong? thanks for taking the time to read this long question and any help is appreciated

Hi Mr. 77gs750,

Perhaps you should adjust it somewhere in between?

Anyway, look for a Suzuki service manual on my site. Then let me dump a TON if information on you and share some GS lovin'.

I just stopped by to welcome you to the forum in my own, special way.

If there's anything you'd like to know about the Suzuki GS model bikes, and most others actually, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of knowledge and experience here in the community. Come on in and let me say "HOoooowwwDY!"....

Here is your very own magical, mystical, mythical, mind-expanding "mega-welcome". Please take notice of the "Top 10 Common Issues", "Top 15 Tips For GS Happiness", the Carb Cleanup Series, and the Stator Papers. All of these tasks must be addressed in order to have a safe, reliable machine. Now let me roll out the welcome mat for you...

Please click here for your mega-welcome, chock full of tips, suggestions, links to vendors, and other information. Then feel free to visit my little BikeCliff website where I've been collecting the wisdom of this generous community. Don't forget, we like pictures! Not you, your bike!

Thanks for joining us. Keep us informed.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
    X