Another half moon lip in or out question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another half moon lip in or out question

From what I've read, one of the reason's to run the lip in is to take care of some cam walk that MIGHT make a noise.

So here's my situation. If I run the lip's in, they will rub the cam's on one side. Is this normal to have my cam's that far off center. Or are they in the process of walking to that side, and it will straighten out. I can't budge the cam, but I didn't try very hard.

If I leave them lip in, I'm afraid that I will get a constant rubbing of the moon. Is that something to worry about, or is that what I'm after. I'm just worried where's that rubber going to end up. Or, should I just put the lip's out and forget about it. Thanks.

it's all fine.... won't wear em out - promise

Comment

Flip a coin then install it In or Out.

It just doesn't matter....

Comment

On my 850, The lip won't fit on the inside. It's that far off. No big deal, the casting tolerances allowed for that.

If the cam should bump the plug, that might be OK, and quiet a cam end walk. If it is rubbing against the plug, it will wear the plastic, which will end up in your oil, then your bearings, etc. Apart from that issue, the only wrong way to install the plugs is any way that leaks. The lip doesn't have much to do with that.
        Dogma
        --
        O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
        '80 GS850 GLT
        '80 GS1000 GT
        '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

I didn't want the cam rubbing on the rubber and ending up in my oil, so I just put em out.

Comment

I have never ONCE had them leak installing them as they Come from the Factory.
            If Suzuki thought that there was a problem, they would have changed the design long ago.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
            X