oil pressure gauge not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil pressure gauge not working

Bike has been sitting for about a year. Outside (covered). Got the ol girl back into shape. Only thing I am noticing is that my aftermarket oil pressure gauge located on the right side of the engine is not operating.

Dumb question, but if I had no oil pressure, the engine wouldn't be operating. Why would the gauge otherwise stop operating?

Busted by frozen condensation? It's crackpot theory day, after all.

I was looking for you and your flappy license plate at WV this summer.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
      Busted by frozen condensation? It's crackpot theory day, after all.

I was looking for you and your flappy license plate at WV this summer.
      HA! Would you believe the zip ties I used that day to re-attach the plate are still in use.

Frozen condensation huh, why not!

Comment

the engine would still operate, but not for very long.if its been stood for a year have you done an oil and filter change?
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Originally posted by Agemax View Post
          the engine would still operate, but not for very long.if its been stood for a year have you done an oil and filter change?

How long is not very long ? I've only gone about 5 miles

and to answer your question...of course not. it's this weekends project though.

Comment

does your model have an oil pressure light on the dash? does it go out when you start it up? if yes then you should be ok,faulty pressure gauge on the engine. if no then dont run it at all till you source the problem
            1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Working...
            X