No announcement yet.

This hub looks different

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Yah, Now I see on microfische for 79 GS850 the hub is like the one I just got.
    And this can be called the "recalled style" (made out of plate, and has threaded nuts on the studs/pins). Darn, did not know those existed, geepers, and then I bought it, thinking it will be a better replacment than the current OEM replacement part.

Dale, Thanks Again. You say this "recalled style" will be useable if deal with the situation with the retaining plates, and if deal with the possibility of the nuts comming loose. I could have a welder at the shop tack the nuts and pins in place.
    I see that part #19 no longer available.

Maybe this was a dealer recall swap out. It has no wear at all on it that I can see on the splines. But had been in service, can see some marks on the pins, and discolred by the lube.

So, basically, I got took. Seller did have good picture of it, I just didnt see the diference in style, because I didnt know there was a different style, my ignorance.
    Although seller did list it as "from a 1980 GS850G" and now appears to be from a 79.

Last edited by Redman; 11-19-2011, 12:52 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
    X