Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS674 dynojet quick-shift configuration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS674 dynojet quick-shift configuration?

I am looking at shift sensors from dynojet, they seem to offer two different types, one which activates during the "push" of the shift lever and one that activates during the "pull" of the shift lever. I visualized the "push" activated sensor cutting the ignition for an upshift and the "pull" activated sensor cutting ignition for the downshift. with this said am i trying to cut ignition on upshifts or downshifts? From gp video clips it seems to me the ignition cuts on a downshift, as ive noticed a slight back fire for each gear when a bike enters a turn. however ive been told that these switches are used to enable clutchless upshifting. so Im sort of confused at this point?

its like an air shifter without the cylinder.
    you could rig a momentary switch up and add a button on your handlebars/mount the switch to your shifter/shifter shaft ect.. and do the same thing.
    only shut the voltage to the coils(orange/white wire) not the entire ignition itself.
    load the shifter with your foot then tap the button...BAM! up-shift!

Comment

I would say upshifts only. Down shifts require some throttle/manipulation to to them smoothly and to rev match.
      Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
      2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

how dificult is it really to learn to match the downshifts? Do road race bikes also have sensors to shut power to coils for upshifts? or is it typically drag bikes? what advantage is there to cutting ignition during downshifts?

Comment

Just asked my father and was told that a 'Slipper"clutch is needed for ignitionkill durring downshifts. I would really like to replicate the downshift backfire of a motogp bike. My ignition module has an optional input for a shift sensor, and figured it was possible.

Comment

I would go with the ignition kill upshift and downshift using clutch/ rev match technique. I can't see any benifit of slamming down gears without rev matching on the street. Almost all race bikes have slipper clutches and they still rev match they can just do it at alot more dramatic speeds. All I can invision with banging a downshift is somne gnarly rear wheel lurching happening.
            1978 GS550 E
            673cc swap / the hot rod

2013 GSXR
            New daily rider

2012 RMZ450
            for playing in the dirt

Comment

thank you this helps me a-lot, As i cant seem to find a slipper clutch to fit a 78 550 I will have to go with kill on the upshift for this one i think.

Comment

Working...
              X