gsx550ef missing low revs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsx550ef missing low revs

hi all, my new gsx550 misses and appears to be firing on three when on idle to fast idle , but once warm, if you crack the throttle open it revs cleanly without missing , and the missing disappears above fast idle altogether, the engine is very sweet and runs cleanly and without any noises, my question is where should i lok for the obvious before tearing things apart ? thanks jon

Forgot to say, that it has been fitted with new plugs

Originally posted by janner View Post
    hi all, my new gsx550 misses and appears to be firing on three when on idle to fast idle , but once warm, if you crack the throttle open it revs cleanly without missing , and the missing disappears above fast idle altogether, the engine is very sweet and runs cleanly and without any noises, my question is where should i lok for the obvious before tearing things apart ? thanks jon

Forgot to say, that it has been fitted with new plugs
    Let it idle a while and then pull spark plugs to see if one is wet; a while back my vacuum petcock allowed fuel to be sucked down into #2 cylinder ( the one that has vac line) causing a miss at idle,but not noticeable as revs went up.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Another very distinct possibility is the pilot circuit is clogged in one carb.

Might be foreign material in a fuel or air passage, might simply be a mis-adjusted mixture screw.

Yet another distinct possibility is mis-synchronized carbs. One carb might be opening later than the others.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
      X