clutch issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch issue

I am putting my engine back together. I measured the clutch basket play at .004 - .005" so I took .002 off of the spacer. I reassembled it and it was nice (play measured at .002") tight. Then I installed a new rubber cushion piece: #31 in pic, and reassembled it and now the inner and outer basket feel tight. Is it normal? The spec says .001-.003" and I measured it at .002". Should I shave a bit off the rubber cushion

The cushion will give under use so I'd run it.
    If you don't feel good about it Suzuki still sells the different size shims.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      The cushion will give under use so I'd run it.
      If you don't feel good about it Suzuki still sells the different size shims.
      I pulled the cushion out and shaved a little off, it turns nice and very little play
      The old one must have been in there since the beginning of time, it was like plastic instead of rubber
      From the parts fiche I have seen the shims come 1mm+ so I would have had to shave even more off the spacer

Comment

Working...
      X