Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serial Numbers

Hey all,

I was wondering if you all could help me here. I have a feeling my 1982 gs1100ez is sort of "Frankensteined" together. I was wondering if there are serial numbers I could find on the block just to make sure I am buying the correct parts when that time comes. Only reason I ask this is that I know there are some '83 parts on it, and I am no quite sure of the interchange.

The only serial number on the engine is on the top of the right side, near the oil fill.

Note that it will not match the frame number.

Last edited by Steve; 01-25-2012, 08:14 PM.
    sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      The only serial number on the engine is on the top of the right side, near the oil fill.

Note that it will not match the frame number.

How do I read this, Steve? It there a list of engine numbers?
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

serial number?

I need this same info. We have a gs1150 with a turbo that we are putting in a sandrail and are trying to figure out what year the motor is. The serial # is V701-101201

Comment

Originally posted by cannonballxp View Post
          I need this same info. We have a gs1150 with a turbo that we are putting in a sandrail and are trying to figure out what year the motor is. The serial # is V701-101201
          The V701 tells you that you have 1150 cases. The rest you will have to determine by taking it apart. If you have a rubber valve cover gasket you have an 1150 head also. Hope this helps. Feel free to call me at 714--356-7845 if you have questions or need help. I build LOTS of 1100 & 1150 engines. Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
            How do I read this, Steve? It there a list of engine numbers?
            I go to model selection page at Z1, then select the engine size. It will then give you a starting serial number for the frame and the engine for the various years and models.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
            X