Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch rings? which way?

Hello all.

Trust everyone is well and enjoying the new year.

can maybe some of you blokes help me out here?

I am helping a guy at work fix up his bike for him- SUZUKI GSX650F

his clutch drum broke and we managed to get a new one , my question is the two rings that fit onto the drum are slightly concave and we cannot seems to remeber which way they go?

can any of you guys perhaps tell me which way they do go concave in or facing out?

the bike is a 2008 Suzuki GSX650F

see attached link from alpha sports parts position # 15 and 16.
    Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Concave facing in. "L" inner ring in first & then the concave ring goes against that. Ray.

Comment

thank you rapid ray.

when you say "L" - is it usually marked as such?

Comment

figured it out.

job almost finished- started it up and took it for a short "test ride". Clutch seems fine.gears also seem fine went through them 1-6 and 6-1 no problem, must just test under load what its like.

just a problem with the gear indicator- it is reading all different gears and not in sequence. I think I may have put the gear indactor pick up in the wrong way round? will give it a bash again during the weekend.

nice "little" bike- very smooth engine i must add and it started up very easliy after having the engine out for last 2 months while sorting out the gearbox.

Comment

sorted out the gear indicator - stupid me had the switch sensor upside down.

now i have another problem - the bike wont pull when warmed and in gear passed 3000 rpm. I think i have the problem solved - i removed the fuel pump and filter- it was blocked up with so much gunk-

i tell you what carbs are just a dream compared to the nightmare i have had checking and rechecking this system. Even getting the spark plugs out has been a drama- BUT I must add I have learnt a lot and do appreciate both the old skool and the new skool- they both have thier respective merrits..... ( compared to my 850 this 650 is light years ahead!)

hold thumbs chaps that I can come right and my friend here at work will be out riding and smiling again.

Comment

Fingers crossed. It sounds like you have worked out the gremlins.

Daniel

Comment

No still the same.

do any of you blokes may know something or offer me some fresh idea?

Comment

Working...
              X