Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain for 83gs1100e

What's up gang?

I need to buy a new chain for my 83 gs1100e. What's a good brand name to buy?

Thanks,
    Supavert

Here ya go!
    This is the best 630 chain you can get as far as I know.
    RK America is discontinuing their 630 chains as they've told me in favor
    of 530 conversion ones.
    This is a XW chain, superior to O ring (specially designed O ring with grease grooves) anyway they still show them available in their close-out for
    only (and here's the best part) $68. You can't do better than that unless someone gives you one. Rated for bikes up to 1,400cc! If you act fast you may very well get the last one! Think it includes a rivet style master link,
    but you may want to ask them, I made sure I bought the one that didn't come with it. i.e. clip, just in case. Scroll down to chains, might have to remove a couple of links as this is a 98 link chain and stock is 96 I'm pretty sure. I put one on my '82 GS1100E, no complaints. They were only listed on close-out because they're supposed to be discontinued.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

check the tensile strength on them, there are a few good inexpensive ones out
      regina solid is suppose to be a great chain if money isnt a problem lol
      ek, did, tsubaki i think there all made by the same people just different names for companies to have jobs lol

Comment

I did the chain conversion with a RK XSO for less than some O-Ring chains out there. I haven't had to adjust the chain since it was installed last year.
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
        X