'83-85 GS 450 motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83-85 GS 450 motors

Hi Y'all - new to this site, but long time GSA 450 owner. However, 2 years ago, the rectifier blew, and other issues started. A shyster repairman took me for $600 and left my motor in parts. Found a running '83 GS 450 in Atlanta.
    Will that motor fit my bike and it's auto transmission? I have an '85 GSA.
    Thanks for help!

From what I've been able to find out about the auto 450's (I never knew they existed before this post!), they are shaft drive.

Which means a "normal" 450 won't be a straight swap as they are all chain drive.

So, if you are looking for a chain drive donor, you will need the swing arm, rear wheel, brake assembly....basically the whole rear end as well as the motor.
    Current:
    Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha :eek:)

Past:
    VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
    And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Rat fart. Was fearing that. Thank you for info. Loved my auto trans. Hate to junk it at a scrap yard but, running out of options.

Comment

Working...
      X