wide rear wheel on a gs850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wide rear wheel on a gs850

has any 1 out there put a wider rear end on a gs850? as I am building a softtail chop/bobber and the 130 tire looks silly on it. I want to go up to a 160+ I have aready changed the front end to a zzr1100 front end and want to have a rear wheel that looks similar to the front

You want a wide shaft drive Suzuki wheel (and driven spline) with the same design as a Kawasaki zzr1100 front wheel? Is that all?
    Last edited by Nessism; 03-05-2012, 04:27 PM.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

The only way you'll get that is like the one we saw on here where they chopped out both hubs & welded the new rim to the Suzuki hub...
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Don't know if it will fit but you might look into a late model suzuki shaft drive cruser and maybe you could get a whole swing arm and wheel set up of a wrecked 109R or some thing then you could go up to like a 230 tire
        1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
        80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
        1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
        83 gs750ed- first new purchase
        85 EX500- vintage track weapon
        1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
        “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
        If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Man, we need to put this in an FAQ or something.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I have been thinking about this some more, what about a GSX1100G from the early 90's I believe they ran a 170 or a 180 rear tire. you may need swing arm and all though, or a vx800
            1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
            80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
            1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished :D
            83 gs750ed- first new purchase
            85 EX500- vintage track weapon
            1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
            “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
            If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
              Man, we need to put this in an FAQ or something.
              C'mon Brian, don't be such a spoil sport. You know this happens every spring. Billy Bitchin' and Tommy Toughnuts all come out of the woodwork chomping at the bit to turn their fresh over the winter barn find or "I tried to make a sweet
              Bobber too but failed miserably so I'll sell it to this poor guy" find into the baddest assed, chick magnet "I can't afford a Fartly Wobbleson so I'll build one cause Pauly and Vinnie do it and I wear the same clothes and a chain wallet so surely I can do it too!" chopper. And they all have the same simple question:
              "How can I fit a fat tire on the back of my poor, abused, hacksawed GSwhatever ?" And when they get the same answer we give everyone...the correct one...they just know that we are full of Chit or we're lying to them because we're jealous of their, or don't understand their vision, or we're a bunch of old farts who wouldn't know cool if it smacked us in the face and had sex with our wives while forcing us to watch, or surely none of us can ride worth a chit because we don't know that wider tires are always better cause they have more traction and you can go faster and put all that bitchin 75 horsepower to the ground man! And we are all gonna have to "lay it down" one day cause our skinny tires will cause us to not be able to stop in time or turn fast enough....

Don't make it a FAQ... Just sit back, munch on some popcorn and watch the show my friend...and then fall asleep cause that's what us old crappy skinny tire riding foogies do...fall asleep. Cause we're old and we suck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                Just sit back, munch on some popcorn and watch the show my friend...and then fall asleep cause that's what us old crappy skinny tire riding foogies do...fall asleep. Cause we're old and we suck.
                Yup, that's us.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

i was thinking about the gsx1100g

Originally posted by hjfisk View Post
                  I have been thinking about this some more, what about a GSX1100G from the early 90's I believe they ran a 170 or a 180 rear tire. you may need swing arm and all though, or a vx800

there's an engine on e-bay with all the running stuff minus swing arm dif and wheel , but if i vcan get that in how wide is the swing arm and would it fit in the 850 frame

nope the swing arm is completely differant
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Just put a 33 inch Jeep tire on there, that'll look sweet!
                    Now excuse me, it's nap time.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                      Billy Bitchin' and Tommy Toughnuts all come out of the woodwork chomping at the bit to turn their fresh over the winter barn find or "I tried to make a sweet
                      Bobber too but failed miserably so I'll sell it to this poor guy" find into the baddest assed, chick magnet "I can't afford a Fartly Wobbleson so I'll build one cause Pauly and Vinnie do it and
                      I wear the same clothes and a chain wallet so surely I can do it too!" chopper. And they all have the same simple question:
                      "How can I fit a fat tire on the back of my poor, abused, hacksawed GSwhatever ?" And when they get the same answer we give everyone...the correct one...
                      they just know that we are full of Chit or we're lying to them because we're jealous of their, or don't understand their vision, or
                      we're a bunch of old farts who wouldn't know cool if it smacked us in the face and had sex with our wives while forcing us to watch,
                      or surely none of us can ride worth a chit because we don't know that wider tires are always better cause they have more traction and you can go faster and
                      put all that bitchin 75 horsepower to the ground man! And we are all gonna have to "lay it down" one day cause our skinny tires will cause us to not be able to stop in time or turn fast enough....
                      Very concise.
                      Should be a Sticky! LOL!

Daniel

Comment

cans and can'ts

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        Very concise.
                        Should be a Sticky! LOL!

Daniel
                        Billy Bitchin' and Tommy Toughnuts......... The differance between some motorcyclists is that they like the ****e you get off the shelf and are happy riding the same bike as every 1 else. You only get your bike out at weekends and polish it when you get it home and only get it out when the skies are blue. The bikes I build are stripped back to the bare minimum and ridden all year round and last.The problem is when you get the weekend motorcyclist slagging down the every day "biker" cos their so far up there own arse and pay some **** from orange county tosser to build it for you cos you have no fecking idea. Thats why bikers build there own bikes and not keep it standard. Some pompus people really think their funny trying to put ppl down when they have no idea themselves .
                        Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Hilarious!!!! Directed at ME, yet!!! LOL!
                          Have you seen ANY of MY build threads? LMAO!!!!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            Hilarious!!!! Directed at ME, yet!!! LOL!
                            Have you seen ANY of MY build threads? LMAO!!!!

Daniel

Reading your post? I don't waste my life read some crap some ppl rant on about.
                            I put the thread up for info not some jumped up tosser to well be a tosser.
                            I thought going on a site with mainly amaricans,
                            I thought there would be atleast 2 brain cells bouncing around over there.
                            But i was wrong..
                            As i said!!! Some ppl seem to think they know better as you can tell by this childish reply, pompus arse
                            Last edited by Guest; 03-10-2012, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I subscribed to this one early on. Knew it was gonna be a good one.
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Working...
                              X