who sells a good clutch and springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who sells a good clutch and springs

well my clutch slips under a higher rpm(7k plus)

i wanting a good clutch and set of springs...z1 an a few other didnt have it..

bike is a 81 850

might want to check your clutch pack first, they last forever and may not need replacing. I just got springs from motorcycle superstore, they are quite a bit stiffer and do not slip anymore. forgot the brand but they worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by jKsled View Post
      might want to check your clutch pack first, they last forever and may not need replacing. I just got springs from motorcycle superstore, they are quite a bit stiffer and do not slip anymore. forgot the brand but they worked well.
      well i pulled it out before the bike ran, and they all had good looking material (bike sat for a good 6 years if not more)

so i threw them in bike oil, an put em back on (no dry spots)

ill try some springs in this case..

Comment

Originally posted by gs850cafe View Post
        well i pulled it out before the bike ran, and they all had good looking material (bike sat for a good 6 years if not more)

so i threw them in bike oil, an put em back on (no dry spots)

ill try some springs in this case..

would bad spring cause the clutch to let out almost at the end of the handle?

Comment

Sounds like you need to adjust your clutch cable -- it's somewhere in the info on Basscliff's site.

Anyway, all you need to cure the slipping is a set of six new OEM springs from your favorite source for Suzuki parts and a clutch cover gasket. The heavy-duty springs are overkill, but if you already have the kung-fu grip you may not care.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
            Sounds like you need to adjust your clutch cable -- it's somewhere in the info on Basscliff's site.

Anyway, all you need to cure the slipping is a set of six new OEM springs from your favorite source for Suzuki parts and a clutch cover gasket. The heavy-duty springs are overkill, but if you already have the kung-fu grip you may not care.
            ive searched cliffs site with no luck...i always look there if i dont find it i come here....i rather enjoy the way the clutch firmness is now...stock springs it will be...thanks

Comment

ive searched cliffs site with no luck...i always look there if i dont find it i come here....i rather enjoy the way the clutch firmness is now...stock springs it will be...thanks
              Sorry, didn't realize he didn't have an 850 service manual.

Just use the info from the 1000/1100G -- all the 850 and larger shafties used the same clutch mechanism.
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Just use the info from the 1000/1100G -- all the 850 and larger shafties used the same clutch mechanism.
                awesome thanks...any recomendations for clutch spring vendors? i get most everything i needed from Z-1 but they not have any

Comment

awesome thanks...any recomendations for clutch spring vendors? i get most everything i needed from Z-1 but they not have any
                  There are several dealer sites that sell OEM Suzuki parts online.

One good one is http://partshark.com -- watch their shipping charges.

Since clutch springs are small and inexpensive, you might pay less in shipping and less total at http://bikebandit.com . There are also discounts for AMA members and people with Dairyland insurance.

Z1 can actually obtain OEM Suzuki parts for you, but you may have to provide the part numbers. (Partshark uses real Suzuki part numbers, and Bikebandit uses their own craptastic numbering system.)
                  Eat more venison.

Comment

The 850 Factory service manual hosted on CLiff's site is linked right at the top of the page. And here. He calls it the shop manual.
                    Dogma
                    --
                    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                    '80 GS850 GLT
                    '80 GS1000 GT
                    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

NOPE, new clutch springs didn't eliminate all of my slippage on my 1980 Suzuki GS750L, 25,000 miles. (I even used the heavier duty ones)

Comment

Hi babes.
                        I have a GS850. I read that if the metal clutch plates are even slightly warped then can impede clutch performance. Or have you checked the thickness ov the actual friction plates?
                        I cant remember but is there a clutch pushrod bearing on GS's? Could this be warn or missing?

X

Comment

Working...
                        X