Cold Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Header

Just want to let everyone know how to deal with a cold header...........or at least one way. I was having issues with one header staying cold for a while during startup. It didn't seem to affect performance or idle much, though now that it's fixed, it seems to need less choke to start. I removed the float bowl and where the gas pick up tube feeds into the side of the bowl, that passage to the bottom of the bowl was blocked. I actually couldn't get mine cleared out so I replaced the bowl with another I had. Impatient I guess. I pulled the idea straight from BikeCliff's site.

It's on page 51 of 77 of the bs cv carb rebuild guide. Thought this would be helpful for users doing a quick search for their problem!

and another way

if you run it with the air box or pod off,while its IDLING bravely put your hand (or other object if your not brave) over the intake, and seal off the air to the offending cylinder, this will apply vacuum to the fuel circuits, and may pull out a minor blockage. (olddirt biking tip to clear water)

Also if you put your finger over the small idle intake (the one on the left with the air jet) same thing but just for that circuit. (if it dosnt suck its completely blocked.)

Comment

Originally posted by john82q View Post
      if you run it with the air box or pod off,while its IDLING bravely put your hand (or other object if your not brave) over the intake, and seal off the air to the offending cylinder, this will apply vacuum to the fuel circuits, and may pull out a minor blockage. (olddirt biking tip to clear water)

Also if you put your finger over the small idle intake (the one on the left with the air jet) same thing but just for that circuit. (if it dosnt suck its completely blocked.)
      Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
      X