X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch for 82gs1100 E

looking to find the best price just looked on ebay and they want $125.00

ty inadvance

Don't know really what you're after, you got to be careful buying those clutches, the '83's had steel fibre plates that ate the baskets, they also have one more fibre plate, if you get one of those, you'll be wasting your time. Just stay away from the '83's.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
      Just stay away from the '83's.
      Same with the Barnett kits. Im running FBG plates.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I found some nos fibers on ebay for a decent price. Working just fine, even with the 1327. I have about 5 extra that I didnt need if you want them.

Comment

Someone also posted about the same plates being OEM in another later model Suzuki ( a DR model, IIRC), which were more readily available & cheaper, to boot. A search might bring up the post & the part #.
          '82 GS1100E

Comment

what makes a differene in the plates?? is it the materials on the plates or the springs

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
              Someone also posted about the same plates being OEM in another later model Suzuki ( a DR model, IIRC), which were more readily available & cheaper, to boot. A search might bring up the post & the part #.
              DR650, forget what year though. They're the same plate for the same price as the "Newer" replacement plates for the '82 GS1100E. Someday I'll install the set I have which are the new "revised" plate for the '82 GS1100E.
              Here's a fiche from Boulevard Suzuki, No. 9-1 is the '82 clutch fibre plates,
              the revised part number is 21441-31DOO, and replaced 21441-49200 (of which I sold a set to you!) 9 plates $16.15 each = $145.35!!!, No. 9-2 is for the '83, 10 plates, and they're even more, @ $17.61 each X 10 = $176.10.

There are cheaper new plates out there for the '82 GS1100E, There's a place called "Parts & More" they sell new plates for $5.00 each, but they're not Suzuki OEM parts and I don't know if they're steel or aluminum backed. Remember steel backed plates eat away at your clutch basket. Do a search and you see numerous posts on that very same subject.
              sigpic
              Steve

Comment

Originally posted by bridan View Post
                what makes a differene in the plates?? is it the materials on the plates or the springs
                The earlier models of 1100's had aluminum fibre plates until '83, which were changed to steel back fibre plates, and they were thinner, so there was one extra plate. They ate the clutch baskets.
                In '84 they went back to the older style aluminum plates, less problems.
                sigpic
                Steve

Comment

ok i've been looking @ kit online and most are just the clutch plate with with the springs and no spacer.. i have three of them on my bike that are blue, wich i think is caused by heating up .should i re-use them or get new

Comment

Just buy 9 new fibers from Fast By Fast & be done with it. They will cost you 81 bucks & will NOT give you trouble. Ray.

Comment

Fast By Gast is the way to go!!!
                      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

Working...
                      X