Stator gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stator gasket?

Help me out here guys, I ordered a stator gasket and I got the wrong one. I cheked the ebay ad and it does say that it fits a GS1100EZ, but the pic shown is incorrect. I contacted the seller who pointed me toward another gasket he sells, and said he would send me a replacement at no charge.

The picture in the other ad matches the gasket I need, but the as lists it as fitting the 1100G models, not the E models. Some light web research shows that this gasket does fit the 1100G models as well as the 1100E models, and the gasket he sent me is for an 850G (again, this is all web research and might be wrong).

Here's the two gaskets in question, it's the middle two items in this list. Can anyone tell me what fits what, or where the confusion is?
    Get the best deals for Gs1100 Stator Gasket at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!

Why are you buying questionable parts on eBay? Everybody knows that "sellers" don't know what they have or how to describe it properly.

Get a gasket from Z1. It's less than $4.50.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Why are you buying questionable parts on eBay?

That's a fine question, sir. I'm 99% sure I read on this site that someone got a valve cover gasket from that guy, and they were pleased with the product and service. In all fairness to the seller, I did also purchase a valve cover gasket that was the correct part. Additionally, when I emailed him about the problem with the stator gasket, he replied to me within 30 min offering to send the correct gasket at no charge.

But yeah, I should be checking Z-1 for everything I need first. I know the owner is a member here, and I'm trying to limit my dealings with ebay in general. It's tough, but I'm trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Why are you buying questionable parts on eBay? Everybody knows that "sellers" don't know what they have or how to describe it properly.

Get a gasket from Z1. It's less than $4.50.

I like the seller that says.. "don't ask me to measure it, I can't-I don't know what it fits and I don't know if it works.".... simple honesty
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

No offense to Z1, but I've ordered from the same guy as you have in the past Kawfeedave, with no issues, maybe just a listing error, and he's making it right. Sometimes every dollar counts as to why ebay gets some of the business Z1 would, a lot of ebay's ads have free shipping, and if you only need one item, Z1 won't be the cheapest. The gaskets I got from occycleparts1 were of good quality.

Comment

Something to consider...

You can cut out a stator cover gasket from gasket paper in about 10 min. Use a hole punch to make the holes. Auto parts sell gasket paper for cheap.
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              Something to consider...

You can cut out a stator cover gasket from gasket paper in about 10 min. Use a hole punch to make the holes. Auto parts sell gasket paper for cheap.
              I'm going to start doing this soon, just buy a couple sheets and hang them in the garage for when needed, then when I make one, I'll make a second and have a spare for the next time, eventually I should have a bunch of premade gaskets just waiting.

Comment

Working...
              X