Lifter noise!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifter noise!!

Have my bike running great now aside from three issues .
    1. Oil leaks out of the drain plug due to over torquing . Fix I beleive is a " helicoil" steel insert cost 65.00

2.gas is leaking out of carb on air box side boot. Beleived to be the float not seating correctly. But mechanic , whom I won't ever go to says, it's the petcock.

3.seems to be a lifter noise" ticking " sound emanating from the engine. Sounds terrible. Could some one refer me to a fix ? Removing pistons? Love this bike and wanna give it the treatment it deserved.

Any advice on any of this issues would be greatly appreciated. Number 3 however is my main concern.

Originally posted by cid View Post
    Have my bike running great now aside from three issues .
    1. Oil leaks out of the drain plug due to over torquing . Fix I beleive is a " helicoil" steel insert cost 65.00
    That's one fix, there are better ideas. Do a search.

2.gas is leaking out of carb on air box side boot. Beleived to be the float not seating correctly. But mechanic , whom I won't ever go to says, it's the petcock.
    Check them both.

3.seems to be a lifter noise" ticking " sound emanating from the engine. Sounds terrible. Could some one refer me to a fix ? Removing pistons? Love this bike and wanna give it the treatment it deserved.

Any advice on any of this issues would be greatly appreciated. Number 3 however is my main concern.
    Check your valve clearances. They usually wear tighter, but sometimes one or two will loosen up and get noisy.

Don't remove the pistons, it runs better with them in there.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
    X