Info needed about the oil pressure sender units on the 83 550s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info needed about the oil pressure sender units on the 83 550s

Well it appears that the OP sender unit on my 550 project is malfunctioning as is the one from my spare bike. I will need to replace it of course and I wonder if its posible to use an automotive one or from another brand of bike. I would think they are essentially all the same and it might be easier, cheaper and quicker to get something other than one from the stealership.

Does anyone know the "trigger pressure" for the OPs? The 4 cylinders are high pressure systems so I'm thinking it might be around 15 to 20 PSI. Would that seem logical? It would be helpful to know if I attempt to pickup one from my local autostore.

As always , any input is appreciated.

Cheers all,
    spyug

I imagine the trigger pressure is real low (5 psi?). But why not just buy a suzuki OEM, maybe $25 ?
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

But why not just buy a suzuki OEM, maybe $25 ?
      I will if I have to but the local Zuk dealer is not overly helpful when it comes to the older bikes. They also have a tendency to mess up orders and I find it usually takes some time for parts to turn up ( as in weeks).

My time line is to get this bike on the road this week and I will need to have this sorted for the certification. I was just thinking I might be able to get it sorted quicker by finding an alternative.

As I am concerned about the oil pressure, I am going to pick up a tester or gauge today as well.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,
      spyug

I just checked with the local dealer and the part is available and should be in their hands by mid week. What I can't understand is that it will be $35or around $10 more than from a US dealer. We get ripped once again.
      Last edited by Guest; 04-30-2012, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X