Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike_of_bbg View Post
    This.
    The conventional wisdom says if you can't get the .03mm feeler in there, but the bucket will turn with relative ease, then there's some gap in there - it's just less than 0.03mm! So going down one size on the shim (or one and a half if you're replacing an x size) will land you from 0.05-0.09, which is just fine (a little loose is OK, tight is bad

This is good to know, thanks. I'll be taking an inventory of what shims are currently in there later today, and will also make a note of whether or not the bucket turns freely.

Comment

You can do the shim shuffle without having a spare shim. I don't know what size your coins are but find one that fits in the bucket reasonably well and use that to replace the removed shim while you move things around.
      79 GS1000S
      79 GS1000S (another one)
      80 GSX750
      80 GS550
      80 CB650 cafe racer
      75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
      75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Are you using zip-ties between the bucket and cam? That's not the zip-tie method I know.

Comment

No, the ziptie between the bucket and the cam was what I used to depress the bucket as I freed the lobe so I could get the shim back in there. I've since checked all clearances and existing shims, one at a time of course.

Comment

Working...
          X