Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch cable clip/holder part number

Hello Folks,

I noticed that my clutch cable is catching the mechanism that opens the butterfly valves and wearing the rubber a bit. Looking at BassCliff's tutorial, I see that his gs850 has a clip on the #1 boot to keep it in place. I've searched for this on the parts diagram and have failed to find it. Can anyone tell me what the part number is or where I might find it? I'm also open to other ideas. Routing the clutch cable to the left of carb #1 is an option, though not very aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi,

I think you're looking for #9.

#9) GUIDE, CLUTCH CABLE part# 58621-45100

I know, this is from the 850 fiche, but that part should work for you too.

EDIT: Oops, it looks like that part is NLA. But get yourself some heavy wire and bend up a thing-a-ma-jig that will hold your clutch cable.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

perfect! I tried searching the 850 fiche's for a while, but could not find it to save my life. Thanks,

-Daniel

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by d_sal View Post
        perfect! I tried searching the 850 fiche's for a while, but could not find it to save my life. Thanks,

-Daniel
        I think you posted at the same time I was editing my previous post. That part is NLA but I'm sure you can find some heavy wire and make one for yourself.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

A wire coat hanger is about the right diameter wire to do the job and usually laying around the house.

Comment

The coat hanger came to mind, but I worried that the diameter might be too large for between the intake boot and the bolt. I'll give it a go when I get home.

-Daniel

Comment

found these guys at the home depot, look like the right size. I'll install and see how it works. No news can be interpreted as them having worked. As usual, thanks for your input.

-Daniel

Comment

Here's one for the speedo cable, might work. Coat hanger is cheaper, though.
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Working...
                X