No announcement yet.

Trouble with oil and fuel 1978 gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it the #3 cylinder that is running rich?

What makes you think the petcock is good?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My experience was once i got it running right(carbs per tutorial and sunced) my carb settings went whaky and got that dead spot back again and found petcock vac tube started leaking into #3.Made it kinda hard to keep it tuned right lol.

Comment

Okay so now I'm just addressing the carb situation. I contacted the PO and they did o-rings and a rebuild kit in each. I pulled the floats and did the checking with the needles and seats like a "straw" and all of them sealed up nicely. I still need to check my float levels and I will do so tomorrow as my flat ruler is at work at the moment. But I did notice something on what appears to be the choke tube according to the pics provided on Basscliff's site... 3 of the choke tubes seem to have what appears to be a "plug" with a small pin hole in it and one doesn't have anything in the tube, it's open. It's on the second carb from your left if your on the bike. Are these needed?? Thanks!

Comment

Pictures would help understand what you are referring to.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Okay. I'll post some up as soon as I get back home tomorrow and have a camera handy. I have a factory service manual and Basscliff's site now, so I feel a little more comfy tearing into this "beast". Thanks to all for your patience in this matter. I may not get too much work done on her this weekend as I am taking my GF's son to the drag track for the motorcycle weekend there.

Comment

Also can weak springs in my needle be a possibility? And not be strong enough to seat the needle properly?

Comment

I do all my computer stuff off my iPhone and it seems you can't upload from an iPhone onto this site. Can I email a pic to any of you that would be willing to put it up for me? Thanks in advance.

Comment

You can install the free Photobucket application on your phone, go to the picture, copy the code, and then input to the forum. Or at least I have with my iPhone.
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                  X