Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 GS 700 Clutch Replacement

Hello!

I just bought myself a 1985 GS700 and it needs a clutch pretty bad. I've never swapped one before and I'm looking for some guidance. Anyone out there that can help? Thanks a lot

Remove the clutch cover, remove the 4 bolts holding the pressure plate, remove the springs behind those bolts & the pressure plate. Remove all the clutch plates EXCEPT the last steel that is held in place with a wire. Replace with new plates & reassemble in reverse order of removal. My advice to you FIRST thing, though, is to GET A SHOP MANUAL!!! Ray.

Comment

Thanks Ray, I got a manual and I just ordered the parts. I think I might take pictures as I go and post it. Maybe I can help some other new guys out with clutch work.

Jay

Comment

I have a virtually complete clutch from a 84 750 if they are the same & you can make use of any of the parts...

I've been trying to give it away for months!!
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I got a kit through my local Suzuki dealer, I should have checked here. I haven't been on in awhile. Thanks for the offer though!

Comment

Working...
          X