Thank you, everyone! GS700 Rebuild..Practically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, everyone! GS700 Rebuild..Practically

I am new here, and after a brief etiquette faux pas, I had the opportunity to read all of the posts regarding the timing chain, cam change, valve adjustment, and piston ring posts(thanks, the hose clamps worked AWESOME) I have reassembled my 86 GS700 engine in my GS500E frame....And she will fire tomorrow.

I wanted to say thank you to all of you for your help and advice. Basscliff, especially....you saved my a double s.

Please realize you all are an invaluable resource. I did this all the first time, alone, with no help, except for a HUGE monitor and LOTS of reading aloud.

And beer.

OOH-RAH. Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome.
    Bravo Nation...
    Semper Fi.

PS....anyone have the torque diagram?..I , uhhh....misplaced that page..I have the values..but not..ummm well, the pattern...I know..I know..dummy...

Semper Fi

Comment

If you are referring to head torquing, the numbers of order are by each nut in the head. Ray.

Comment

Thanks RAY!!!!WOOHOOOOOO IT RUNS!

Comment

Pics?.....

Comment

Jwhelan....soon..am a bit computer retarded so downloading them is a bit tedious...but as soon as I clean it up a bit, and make sure it won't blow up at an idle..you betcha...

Comment

Working...
            X