Piston ring help for a Kiwi, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piston ring help for a Kiwi, please?

Hi guys, been searching and searching on the net for a set of standard 1978 GS550 piston rings, yes there are places like bike bandit, but the problem is, I live in New Zealand (where the local Suzuki guy wants $130 per set!!!) and Bike bandit etc want $80 to ship, as they only offer the top UPS international service.

All I want is a set of standard rings, at a reasonable price and that I dont get my pants pulled down over the price of shipping either, they only weigh a few grams!
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mate try www.boulevardsuzuki.com or www.z1enterprises.com

I have used both companies. They are both in the US. Postage will be a bit cheaper than Bike Bandit. Boulevard can take a while to reply and you can only order via email. Ashley will deal with you at Boulevard and is very nice.

If you need any other parts, it would be a great time to get them as well and save on shipping costs.

Regards
    GED

1980 GS850G (BLACK)
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=185562
    1980 GS850G (RED) http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=219169
    1980 GS850G (SILVER) (Coming soon)

There are old riders and there are bold riders but there are no old bold riders!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks GED, have emailed Boulevard as the form for ordering only covers USA. Thanks for that, will see what they come back with.

Comment

looks like 108.00 plus shipping from www.cyclepartsnation.com
        thats a inexpensive place,other than boulevard best i can find for you sorry
        Last edited by Guest; 06-19-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

What is to stop one of us from getting them for him and then putting them in the mail ourselves at a more realistic shipping rate? I do this often with ebay items that the sellers won't ship to Canada, or that they want 3 - 4 times what the actual shipping cost is. I get it sent to friends or family in NY, MO, or FL and then they put it in the mail themselves.

Just an idea.

Tank

Comment

Originally posted by platinum2 View Post
            looks like 108.00 plus shipping from www.cyclepartsnation.com
            thats a inexpensive place,other than boulevard best i can find for you sorry
            Thank you for looking, these guys want $133 shipping, I dont know why they just cant use US Mail, I have managed to get a few parts from the U.S mostly Ebay, at really good rates, cheap as local rates here in fact! But these damn piston rings are just not happening.
            I am waiting for Boulevard to get back to me with a rate, sohopefully that works out, thank you all very much for taking time for me.

Comment

Result! Boulevard came through with $25 shipping! also getting some other needed parts, thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
              X