gs850 rearset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs850 rearset

hi! this question might have popped up here and there on this forum but i can't really find it and i'm not sure where to put it so i put it here!

i want to install a rearset on my 1979 GS850 but i don't feel like spending 350€ on a tarozzi set...
    i heared you can modify a cheaper gsxr or gsx rearset pretty easy but i would like to maybe see some pictures or get a few pointers from someone who has done it before!

or perhaps anyone knows a site where they sell rearset for a reasonable price? around 150-200 €/$

thx!

Originally posted by GS850 View Post
    hi! this question might have popped up here and there on this forum but i can't really find it and i'm not sure where to put it so

i want to install a rearset on my 1979 GS850 but i don't feel like spending 350€ on a tarozzi set...
    i heared you can modify a cheaper gsxr or gsx rearset pretty easy but i would like to maybe see some pictures or get a few pointers from someone who has done it before!

or perhaps anyone knows a site where they sell rearset for a reasonable price? around 150-200 €/$

thx!
    Yeah not sure where this would go. Anyway, I'm doing a GS550 rebuild of sorts, not back to standard and have installed GSX-R1100 rearsets. I cut the heel plates off too, and rather an unconventional way of mounting too. since I cut the rear frame parts that hold some of the original mounting parts, I found that I used the original right hand front one coupled with drilling and tapping the swingarm bolt M8 and it lines right up, great position too!
    As for the left side I drilled the rearset bracket 14mm and pushed the swingarm bolt through it and the other mount is where I cut off the gearchange linkage steady (I think thats what it was) not drilled and tapped it yet but it lines right up again. I got the rearsets from a local guy for NZ$25, so ut was a bargain and looks great, I will change the actual pegs and clean it all up/polish etc etc.
    See pics, should explain what I have been gabbling on about
    Hmm, can only seem to upload one photo sorry.

Comment

Left side.

Comment

Originally posted by GS850 View Post
        hi! this question might have popped up here and there on this forum but i can't really find it and i'm not sure where to put it so i put it here!

thx!
        Try Lossa Engineering or Dime City Cycles (Google them) for cheap rearsets.

Comment

i emailed the tarozzi guys, they can't tell me which set is compatible with the GS850 as they're only selling sets for the GS1000 and GS750...
          i think i'll end up with a universal set of some kind and fabricate everything around it myself, shouldn't be too much of a hasle, just want it done quick with the summer coming and all...thx!

Comment

Working...
          X