Sprocket Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprocket Sizes

Hay what would a good sprocket sizes to put on my GS1100E 83????????? for riding and racing

For leisurely highway riding, 16/41.(2.5625:1 ratio)
    My '81 just got a nice 52.7 mpg at an average speed of 70 mph with 16/42.
    http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=185599 Post #824
    Racing, depends on what kind.

Eric

Comment

sprocket for 1978 gs550

i need to get a rear sprocket after this year what would be a good size regular riding, but till want the power range i have for when i want it

Comment

Is this 530 or 630????

Comment

never really counted it maybe i should lol, meant create my own possrt not hijack this one

Comment

pretty sure its stock size tho, looks like oem material

Comment

Originally posted by tc862011 View Post
              pretty sure its stock size tho, looks like oem material
              The stock sprocket and chain size on an 1100 is #630. You can check to confirm that you still have stock by measuring the distance pin center to pin center on a link of chain. #630 chain is 3/4" pin to pin. #530 chain is 5/8" pin to pin.
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

There are at least two people asking questions in this thread, which is a great way to ensure everyone stays confused.

Anyway, when the question involves chain and sprockets on a GS, the answer is always the same: call Z1 Enterprises. If your bike originally came with 630 chain, they have the info and parts needed to convert to modern 530 chain, which is cheaper and more widely available. Of course, you can also change your gearing around if you like when you make the swap.

Back in the '80s, beefy 630 chain was needed on the larger bikes. Nowadays, 530 chain is many times stronger than it used to be.
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
                X