Fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel line

Hey this may sound bad. But how do you hook up the fuel line on a gs1100e 83? There is two places on petcock for gas lines. I know that one go to the carburetors but what hooks to the other outlet on the back of the petcock and were do it go?
    Last edited by Guest; 07-17-2012, 04:34 AM.

Both go to the carburetors. One is smaller and is the vacuum line. When the bike is running, the carbs produce a vacuum that turns on the petcock valve. The larger one is the actual fuel line and should run to a T shaped plastic thing in between the middle carbs. Both need to be connected for your petcock to operate correctly. The vacuum one goes to a metal connector higher up on one of the carbs.

Comment

Fuel Lines

Thanks for that help, but I have the Mukuni RS smooth bores 38mm and there no outlet for the other line. Now what ???????????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by enelson2047 View Post
        Thanks for that help, but I have the Mukuni RS smooth bores 38mm and there no outlet for the other line. Now what ???????????????????????
        check near the intake boots, there should at least be a vacuum port for each bank for sync, you could screw a port into one of them.

Comment

The best bet may be to modify the petcock so it functions as a standard manual unit, or just go buy a Pingle or something.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Fuel lines

Thanks to all i found what you were saying

Comment

Working...
            X