Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

82 GS1100 Clutch and Trans questions

Hey All,
    Got a project going and need some advice on GS11 trans and clutch. I am looking to convert this motor to a hydraulic clutch. GSXR slave and Busa Master.

1) Putting the slave in it's proper position will require drilling the center out of the input shaft ( can't think of what else to call it) on the trans. What do you think that will do to shaft integrity. I think the hole measures out about 11mm. They did it to the GSXR, why not the GS?

2) The above being advisable, any chance the hole centers on the slave are the same as the retaining clip for the seal on that shaft.

3) If the above is true, will any year
    slave cylinder do or did they change the configuration.

I guess the basic question is did they make that part of the GSXR motor the same as the GS, dimension wise.
    The frame I am making will have a considerably wider back tire than stock GS and will require an offset sprocket so I don't think sprocket/slave cylinder clearance will be an issue if I can suck the slave up to the motor like I want.
    Any ideas, curse words, criticisms or outright finger pointing and laughing will be reviewed and considered.
    Thanks guys, Rick
Working...
X