levers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

levers

alrighty my explorations have gotten me no where in finding a lever that fits the gs series has anyone had any luck with levers that fit these bikes dropped my bike yesterday in the dirt and broke the lever thats it just the lever
    i figured now is a good time to upgrade

Abundance of levers on E-bay.
    I replaced my stock straight aluminum ones with black recessed ones.
    Being you have a '78 you won't have to deal with that clutch safety switch as you have to modify the recessed black lever somewhat for that switch on the '79 model.
    eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.
    sigpic
    Steve
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

Which lever are you talking about? You can still get them new from any of the parts dealers (Boulevard, Z1, G&S Suzuki, etc) or you might even be able to get one from Cycle Recycle II
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

the clutch but the stock levers are not adjustable
        i was looking for adjustable ones that would fit

Comment

your looking for something like this

don't think you will find it for our older bikes......I have been looking as well

Comment

exactally will they fit or am i wasting my time
            is their a way to shave them down to fit to size

i dont want to buy them and have them become a complete and total waste of money!

Comment

This probably doesn't really answer your question, but recewntly I changed my front brake master cylinder to a much new Suzuki MC, I think off a V-Strom. The MC looks almost identical to the old one (Mine is an '82 GS1100) but the new lever is adjustable and you could buy probably any new adjustable lever for it. The MC doesn't come with a lever so I just got the Suzuki one.

Things is, the front brakes now have a much better feel to them. They haven't increased in strength obviously but the range is more gradual (it feels) and the lever more comfortable. It wasn't a cheap thing to do but I'm very happy with it.

Comment

that is the exact word im looking at CHEEP
                also by keeping the original perch
                i am chatting with support at ASV in hopes they have something that will match up and hopefully put in to production the first adjustable levers for a gs series bikes

Comment

I changed my front MC for a newer part I bought on eBay. I think it was for a Ninja. The smaller reservoir and shorter handle fit much better than the stock set-up. Installation was a snap (since I was replacing the brake lines anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
                    your looking for something like this

don't think you will find it for our older bikes......I have been looking as well

It shouldnt be too hard to find more modern controls. Even something like an early 90s gixxer would have aftermarket levers like those and should be pretty cheap.

Comment

But the trick is finding ones that will work on the 70's and 80's bikes.....and not having to change all the perch's and so on.....

I will stick my stock ones, much easier

Comment

Working...
                      X