Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blue smoke only over 4k rpm

hi

i have a 81 gs550 ex 34,000 miles she has been sitting for 5 years below 4k rpm it run's pretty good (slight stutter) but over 4k a huge cloud of blue smoke flys out, i upped the main jets from 92.5 to 100 for the pod's and 4-1 exhaust (i think my neighbours might hate me soon )

carb's have been cleaned, valve shims are good, new plugs gapped to 0.6mm i run a compression test and it came back with cylinder 1 135psi, 2 125psi, 3 128psi, 4 131psi after spraying some wd-40 down the cylinders 1 165psi, 2 149psi , 3 161psi, 4 155psi ofter testing the compression i fired her up to clear the engine it stopped smoking over 4k rpm and ran sweet as a nut

any ideas ? rings sticking ? or did my bike decide to fix it self (hey i can hope )

I'd run it hard for a while and hope it stays happy or until the neighbors all get gas masks!
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Just tell them you work for the city, and you are just fumigating for mosquitoes...
      '83 GS 1100T
      The Jet

sigpic
      '95 GSXR 750w
      The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Working...
      X