Oil bubbles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil bubbles?

I took the 650 out yesterday after work around 5pm or so.

It was a hot day around 92F or so. Did not ride for long, around 15 minutes or so just to show off the new paint job.. I will post pictures later...

Anyhow, I park her in the garage and take a walk around. I notice what looks like oil bubbling up around where the clutch cable goes into the transmission.

Is that normal? Granted it was a very hot day and I had not rode for about 3 weeks.

Well it sounds like you got a bad seal. Never heard of that one before.

Comment

Wow, strange coincidence. This past weekend I wiped the oil from that area and now I see the oil got past the clutch shift rod seal. I found these threads:

The down side is that it seems like the cover has to come off and that requires draining the oil. Oh well, an oil change can't hurt.

Mine is just weeping. In you case the bubbles might indicate that there is some pressure in the crankcase. I don't know how crankcase breather is setup or what to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by GS650E_81 View Post

Anyhow, I park her in the garage and take a walk around. I notice what looks like oil bubbling up around where the clutch cable goes into the transmission.

Is that normal? Granted it was a very hot day and I had not rode for about 3 weeks.
        Not normal, check breather on top of engine. also check for gas in oil. Did you leave petcock in prime spot?
        1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
          Not normal, check breather on top of engine. also check for gas in oil. Did you leave petcock in prime spot?
          I will check the breather. I just took the tank off over the weekend to paint it. I drained the gas but other than that I have left the petcock on.

Comment

Working...
          X