clutch cable I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch cable I.D.

I don't know if I should have done it but I bought a 80 gs 750e and it has been hacked on, frame been raked out? if thats what you call it and has what the guy called struts instead of shocks!!

After cleaning ? carbs with can of carb cleaner (twice) and some plugs it seems to run ok, the clutch cable was broke and I ordered a new one and it is a lot longer than the one I pulled off and after many tries routing the cable the new one is still stiff to squeeze than it should, check with dealer and I have the correct one??

I called P.O. and he said since it has drag bars and been lowered, I would have to use a shorter clutch cable because the long one has to be routed all over the place??

He said he thinks the one he had on there was from a 89 gsxr 750 and that a dealer put it on for same reason....drag bars??

I can't find any numbers on cable housing, but it goes right on lever and motor.... is there anyway to I.D. this thing....I have to order the thing would like it to be right. can you measure length???? dealer I called wasn't much help!!

Only thing I think you could try since no one has much in stock anymore, I have 04 suzuki and my local dealer would have to order clutch cable for it and years ago they would have had it.

Anyway ask if they ordered it and it wasn't the same if you could return it, I did this on a bike I bought a long time ago, for some reason it had a honda cable on it and it was a yamaha and instead of doing anything different I went to honda dealer and they took a guess and said if the package wasn't torn to bad they would take it back and try again....I was lucky they guessed right, you might ask?

Comment

Working...
    X