No announcement yet.

GS1100 will not go into gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know no more about what happened than what he told me. Ill check out the clutch and all later this week.
    Blowerbike, ill pm you once I know what the problem is, and hopefully we can get the bike sorted out.

Comment

trans just don't break like that
      I'm working on one now that had a piece of broken shift fork in the oil pan. The PO said he was just riding along, heard a pop when he shifted into third, rear wheel locked up..yada yada yada.

Comment

That is why I said "usually". Nothing is impossible, although some things are improbable.

Comment

On a shaft drive the first thing to check is the secondary gear set. Check the big nut that connects the drive shaft to the engine- inside the Boot on the swing arm the stem sometimes breaks

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
            On a shaft drive the first thing to check is the secondary gear set. Check the big nut that connects the drive shaft to the engine- inside the Boot on the swing arm the stem sometimes breaks
            Thank you. That is what I was calling the transfer case, I just did not know the formal name for it.

Comment

Working...
            X