Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me get my GS1100GL running right PLEASE!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me get my GS1100GL running right PLEASE!! :)

ok as some of you know ive been having problems with my gs1100gl trying to get it to run right and alot of you have helped me in my other post. Me and steve have been p.m back a fourth trying to get to the bottom of my problem and he has been a big help answering all my noob question. now the reason i made this thread was when i rebuilt this engine i put a 45* cut on the valves at the shop i work at with are valve grinding tool and cleaned the seats up with a seat stone (not very much just to get the pitting out of seats) then i lapped them and measured the ring the lapping left and it was in spec but after doing all this i found a cliff note in the service book that says that these valves can not be cut due to the harden valves. now is there anyway this could be causing my problem??

the problem-
    vary light throttle miss/lean spot in any gear but just at light throttle up to 1/4 then she gooes like hell

what ive done so far-
    rebuilt carbs with new o-rings
    set float levels
    shimmed needles (up)
    3 valve checks
    2 compression test done warmed up (145-150psi in all cylinders)
    new o-rings in intake boots
    resealed air box
    one step up on the pilot jet (42.5)
    sync the carb's twice
    there mite be more but thats off the top of my head

when i got the bike it had a blown head gasket (thats what a friend said and he started tearing it apart before i could look at it)
    so when i got it back to my shop i tore the rest down and was like well mite as well order rings and gaskets and then ill know what i got from there so i ordered oem piston rings and filed them to spec and installed them and got a varnsh gasket kit off ebay (didnt know they sucked tell i found this place) and got it all together and it fired right up and ran ok then on the first ride is when i noticed this miss that im having.

Nope, if the valves were not seating correctly your compression would be way down.
    You do not need larger pilots. I would go back to stock and retune using the procedure I posted in the Tips and Tricks section.

Comment

Worth a shot I'll try it thanks

Comment

i know you said new orings in the intake boots but are the boots new as well? I am new to these specific bikes but have had that exact problem bite me in the rear for the boots being a little to hard to seal fully around the carbs.

Comment

Boots are not new last thing to replace

Comment

Working...
          X