Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please: What are these & where do they go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help please: What are these & where do they go?

Hi guys, just putting the GS550 engine back together with a new gasket set, came across these 'o'ring washers, I do recall seeing them in the dismantle stage, checked my photos but don't see them, any ideas where they go? Can't see it in the manual or see where on the engine, cheers.

Looks like they could possibly be for the oil passages that go up through the cylinder studs. Maybe they are insterts for the base or head gasket?

Comment

Yes, those are sealing washers.
      How big are they?
      On the gs1000 they go to the bolts that secure the petcock and the bolts that secure the oil pressure light switch housing.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page." :cool:

Comment

what year is yiur bike???

Comment

They look like the inserts for the head gasket on the two outside cylinder stud oil passages. Is it not an OEM gasket kit?
          sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by tatu View Post
            They look like the inserts for the head gasket on the two outside cylinder stud oil passages. Is it not an OEM gasket kit?
            They are indeed, just worked it out, thankyou for confirmation, its a Vesrah gasket kit.
            Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
              what year is yiur bike???
              Its a 1978 550

Comment

Oh and one more thing, this little pin, guess I didn't take as many photos as i should have, nearly 500 so far, but not where this came from obviously, its about 10mm in length by about 5mm diameter.

Comment

That goes in the end of the shift drum under the gear position sending unit. A spring goes in the hole first.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamDar View Post
                    That goes in the end of the shift drum under the gear position sending unit. A spring goes in the hole first.
                    Ahhhh! Thank you very much been bugging me for hours.

Comment

What time is in in New Zealand? I have relatives in Australia. Wondered if its O.K. to call... Sorry for the non scooter question...
                      Curt
                      sigpic'85 GS1150 1428 14-1 200+hp Hang On

Comment

Working...
                      X