79 Gs 750 sprocket nut recess, 530 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 Gs 750 sprocket nut recess, 530 question

Hey everyone, I just got a new 17 tooth 530 front JT sprocket for my 530 conversion. Everything I read said that I need the 6mm spacer but the nut has a recess and runs down tight on the sprocket. Is it possible I got lucky and dont need the spacer? The nut is flush with the countershaft and tight on the sprocket so it looks good to go for me. Am I missing something here?

Originally posted by rwcfrank View Post
    Hey everyone, I just got a new 17 tooth 530 front JT sprocket for my 530 conversion. Everything I read said that I need the 6mm spacer but the nut has a recess and runs down tight on the sprocket. Is it possible I got lucky and dont need the spacer? The nut is flush with the countershaft and tight on the sprocket so it looks good to go for me. Am I missing something here?
    I thought the same thing when I converted to the 530. You are good to go.
    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Originally posted by rwcfrank View Post
        Originally posted by allojohn View Post
        I thought the same thing when I converted to the 530. You are good to go.
        This old thread helped, I wish I would have seen earlier. I couldn't figure out how I screwed this up. With the 6mm spacer on, the cover starts to bind at about half torque. If you fully torque the cover, you can't even turn the wheel. Spacer removed, lockwasher on, followed by recessed nut, no problem.

Comment

Working...
        X