Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quexpress View Post
    There is a billet one here for sale.

Awesome! Thanks for the link. Something to consider for sure. Tomorrow I start to tear into the 1150 and we will see where I'm at with funds by the end of the week. I have some more parts pending sales. Once I clear them ill likely pick it up.
    Thanks again!
    Jedz Moto
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2002 Honda Reflex 250
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
    2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
    Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

you see that ring?
      that ring around the gear right above the basket?
      only 1150's have that ring...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by blowerbike View Post
        you see that ring?
        that ring around the gear right above the basket?
        only 1150's have that ring...hehe
        Thank you Terry

No Harm No Foul. Now I'm set for both bikes! Good thing too after the run today on the 750 I noticed clutch slippage in WOT in anything above 3rd. Plan on using the stock Fibers and the stronger springs. As long as the stock fibers are still in spec.
        Jedz Moto
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2002 Honda Reflex 250
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120
        2023 Triumph Scrambler 1200XE
        Cages: '18 Subaru OB wagon 3.6R and '16 Mazda 3
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

A Vance and Hines "superhub" is not billet. That is a stock basket with the HD backing plate fit installed.

Comment

hey dar,
            yes the name "super hub" is an HD modified factory basket but the one in the picture looks like a machined basket...not cast.
            damnit dar i see the dot's on the outer edge like a "factory" basket.
            Last edited by blowerbike; 11-28-2012, 10:10 PM. Reason: damnit!

Comment

If you look at the link to dragbike.com classified it shows it stamped superhub

Comment

ok seller wants to much.
                offer 175.00 shipped...lol

Comment

I'm glad that I was not shopping for one. I most probably would have purchased it thinking that it was a billet basket.
                  Thanks for the heads up and education guys!
                  2000 Honda Valkyrie Tourer (it's gone)
                  1985 Suzuki Madura GV1200
                  2 X 1980 Suzuki GSX1100ETs (next project
                  s)

Comment

Originally posted by quexpress View Post
                    I'm glad that I was not shopping for one. I most probably would have purchased it thinking that it was a billet basket.
                    Thanks for the heads up and education guys!
                    Plus it's for an 1150
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I laugh each time i hear the word " BIILET" this or that...as if its somehow some super superior part or whatever!!! Folks all the word means is to be made from a single piece of material. Also it means to be a soild block...such as a Billet of aluminum or steel or plastic or whatever else.. It isnt any stronger or superior ANYTHING!!!! All these manufacturers have found that most people are uneducated dudes that think some fancy smancy marketing words like BILLET means their product is made from some ULTRA SUPERIOR STUFF!! HA HA ..Save your money on this crap and get the word Billet out of the memory bank folks.
                      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

a cast basket can explode.
                        a billet basket will not explode.

Comment

ANYTHING.... WILL explode given the right set of circumstances!!!! Like i said, BILLET simply means ONE PIECE or a BLOCK of whatever material. It nothing sopecial as far as the metals make up or properties goes. Just a fancy "trick" word really.
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

cut a stock basket in half...you will see air pockets.
                            cut a billet basket in half and you will see solid material.
                            yes the name "billet" gets thrown around but in certain area's a better material is needed.
                            a person should never run a "cast" rear wheel hub on their drag bike if it makes any serious horsepower is an example.
                            same goes for the internal drive parts.

Comment

Billet

Steel billets

For the colloquial use of the term, see Bar stock.
                              A billet is a length of metal that has a round or square cross-section, with an area less than 36 sq in (230 cm2). Billets are created directly via continuous casting or extrusion or indirectly via rolling an ingot.[1][2][3] Billets are further processed via profile rolling and drawing. Final products include bar stock and wire.[4]

Any more questions or debates??? Just how do you think an INGOT or BILLET is made..IT IS MOLTEN METAL THAT HAS BEEN WHAT????? CASTED AT THE FOUNDRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So tell me just how a casted part and a part machined from a BILLET is any different...simply put, they are the same damned thing!!!!! The casting takes way less time than running parts on a CNC machine.

Comment

ok your right.
                                i'll make a post on the top fuel bike site for everyone to start using cast parts and save the cost over the 6061 billet stuff.
                                thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X