Question for the GS700ES guru's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the GS700ES guru's

Ok Im relatively new to the world of bikes and even newer to the world of Gs'.
    with that said I just purchased a gs700es for parts and the previous owner claimed that the bike had a dealer installed big bore kit punching it out to 900. i know i know never believe what the previous owner claims about what you cant see. Now im skeptical but for what i paid it doesnt matter if its a 700 or a "900"

I suppose the question im asking is anyone ever here of that option in 84? cuz i wasnt born yet....

thanks for entertaining my ridiculous sounding story....

Wiesco has 816 pston kits for them, there were Cosworth and Yoshimura kits also but i doubt there were ever any 900 (847 maybe) sized set-ups. Could have been pistons ment orginally for something else?
    Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

the seller lied.

Comment

Nonsense...

Comment

Thats exactly what i figured...the seller also had all electrical connections covered in masking tape and then he preceded to cover that tape with electrical tape...thus the reason for parts bike. He was a new kinda special. Thanks for entertaining this nonsense!

Comment

..."a new kinda special"...i am going to borrow that.

We have all had the dreaded p.o.s. previous owner syndrome. At least you got tape, i got alligator clips.
            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
              ..."a new kinda special"...i am going to borrow that.

We have all had the dreaded p.o.s. previous owner syndrome. At least you got tape, i got alligator clips.
              Believe it or not I had a guy bring in a bike a few years ago that he had tried to do some electrical work on . He thought he was doing a professional job by soldering his connections. Which by all standards is a great idea. But when you tape them up you don't use "Aluminum heat tape" and wonder why it blows fuses and melts wires
              Now that is a new kinda special
              1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
              80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
              1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
              83 gs750ed- first new purchase
              85 EX500- vintage track weapon
              1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
              “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
              If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

Working...
              X