Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are RealGaskets valve cover now OK for 1980 GS1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are RealGaskets valve cover now OK for 1980 GS1100E?

Did an advance search of the forums to see what people like as I've not had much luck with OEM gasket without adding goop on my 821100GL (then again it has a couple broken bolts in the head from the PO).

Will be checking the valves on Tom's 801100E soon so thought I would go with the RealGasket as he swore by them. Then I came across this thread and found there was a problem with this bike model and the tach gear(?). If I read correctly a new one was coming out to fix this.

Does anyone know if that was fixed or have I read all this wrong?

Thanks,
    -Bob

Right. OK. I was just wondering if by now the manufacturer made a modification and if others have tried it. Thanks

Comment

The tach drive gear was in the valve cover on the 16v bikes so a real gasket is not recommended. The added height will cause the gears to have a sloppy mesh and can wreck them. As you probably read.
      AFAIK there's not been one produced to counter this. That reason, and the pita that keeping the bolts torqued correctly so that it neither squishes the gasket being too tight, or leaks from bein too loose is reason enough for me to use stock..

Comment

Stock it will be. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X