Carb leak question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb leak question

Alright guys I have a question my 82 gs1100 is leaking gas from the right side carberators it looks like its coming from the little tube that connects them but am not sure so the question I have is how hard of a fix is this going to be a rebuild or what any feed back would be appreciated thanks

When you have the carbs apart for the cleaning they need, replace those tubes and the fuel tee with the type that has O rings.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Ok where can I find the parts

Comment

The o-rings that you need for the rebuild are found at cycleorings.com.

The tutorial that you need is the one written by Nessism, it is found on BassCliff's site.

You will need a can of Berryman's or Gunk brand carb cleaner dip (about $20 at Auto Zone or Wal-Mart).

You will need about four days of time (it takes one day per carb in the dip).

You will need access to a carb sync gauge.

Where are you? One of us might be close enough to help.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Z1 has everything, Robert Barr has the O rings... Try this first, put the petcock on PRI for 30 seconds or so, do it about once per hour for a while. The idea is to keep the dried out seals in there wet with fuel. Usually it will let the rubber seals swell up and seal better. Chances are it will quit leaking in a little while.

I did this on my 550 yesterday, the carbs were off the bike for years, when I turned the gas on it leaked all over the place. It stopped leaking after half an hour or so, no leaks at all now.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X