Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strangest thing i ever did see. Still having engine problems with a cylinder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be an answer better served from someone else..ive never used them and all my stuff is bone stock setups.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by stoy75 View Post
      Ok I'm not too big to admit I may be a moron. Kept hearing this puff and then a sputter. So.... I played detective. Hear is what lab analysis shows. I balanced the carbs and went through all this testing without the vacuum line from carb 2 that runs to the tank plugged. In my excitement I completely forgot. Yup it was WIDE OPEN sucking in air and sputtering. Will attempt a rebalance later. But bike is running and I put my finger over the vacuum hose and #2 pipe gets hot.
      Congratulations!
      It is so easy to miss a step, overlook something when you're working on these old bikes and it does create problems later.
      I do it all the time myself (Alzheimers I think), so if things don't work out or I have a problem, it usually leads me to something I recently did.
      I always try to work on them with a clear head, no interuptions, no beer,
      and not rush things. My biggest problem, missplacing my tools. Drives me nuts, just had it now where did I put it. No doubt I lose alot of time relocating tools I just used. Now where did that oil drain plug go?
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Ok well here we are. Not much riding in but after going back through everything I finally seem to have this all tamed out. With no indication that it was the problem it seems my coil for 2 and 3 was getting wonky. Tested completely fine but when I installed the dyna's everything went away.

Comment

Working...
        X