No announcement yet.

Repair shop Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ask for trouble Just fix the leak. If you still have problems then do the top end. Those seals should only take 2-3 hours. That is because you should adjust the valves while the cam cover is off..

Comment

Looks like you're getting a head of steam to attack this yourself. AWESOME.

Comment

Yes, do the o-rings first. I had this same issue on my '83 1000E a few years ago. While you're at it replace the valve cover and hopefully you'll be good to go.

Joe
        IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Update:

I got the cam cover off along with the cap bolts. There does not seem to be any leakage past the O rings. the holes below the cap bolts are dry as a bone. Pictured below. I do have new parts on order, O rings and Valve cover gasket should be here next week. Any thoughts?

Comment

Fixed?

Thanks to Z1's speedy delivery of my gaskets, I got the bike back together today. I replaced the O-rings and put on a new valve cover gasket. I did not see any indication the oil was getting by the O-rings as you can see in the above photo.

I took the bike for about a 15 min ride this afternoon, before the replacements this would have left a puddle of oil on my garage floor. Today I could not find any oil leaking. I know I need a much longer ride, but its cold and sprinkling. I'll have to wait on the weather to see if its fixed. I can only think there must have been a good leak from the valve cover gasket I could not see.

One can only hope,

Thanks All

Comment

Working...
            X